Enjoy delicious baked panko and parmesan-crusted zucchini fries that will surely be a hit with the entire family. These fries can be served as a side dish or snack and eaten with dip or on their own. Your picky eaters will love them!
- 4 small or 3 medium zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour (unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425°C.
- Wash zucchini, cut them into fries about 1/2 inch thick, and keep skin on. Season with salt, let sit for 10 minutes, and pat them dry with a paper towel to remove some moisture.
- Prepare your egg wash and panko bowls. In two separate bowls, whisk your eggs and salt. Add panko, parmesan, flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a separate bowl. Mix until dry ingredients are well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dredge each zucchini fry into the egg wash and the panko-parmesan coatings, then place on a baking tray. Do this until you have coated all the zucchini fries. Be sure to leave space between each zucchini to ensure they can crisp up.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425°C, flipping halfway. You are looking for a golden crunchy zucchini fry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a baking tray. This step further crisps up those delicious zucchini fries.
- Serve warm with a side of your family’s favorite condiment!
- Place leftover zucchini fries in an air-tight container and keep them in the fridge. It should be eaten within two days.
- To reheat, use a toaster oven to re-crisp the zucchini fries. Note that the texture of zucchini fires won’t be as crispy as they are as soon as you make them.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner, Snack
- Method: Oven
Keywords: zucchini, zucchini fries, fries, baked zucchini, panko, parmesan