These colorful frittata cups are so delicious and fun. Throw in your favorite vegetables into the egg mixture and bake for a healthy breakfast, lunch, or snack. Great for baby-led-weening and toddler finger food. Gluten-free and high in protein.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese (check out my homemade cottage cheese recipe)
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup washed and cut spinach
- 3 grape tomatoes
- 1 spring green onion
- Yellow and red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- In a large bowl, whisk your eggs, then add grated cheese, cottage cheese, and vegetables. Mix well.
- Place mixture evenly in muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- If you are using silicon muffin cups, you won’t need to grease but if you are using a muffin tin spray your pan with oil, so you can get the cooked frittatas out.
- If you are using silicon muffin tins or cups, no need to grease. The frittatas slide right out.
- You can use a hand mixer to whisk the eggs and make them fluffy.
- Substitute for egg white only if there are food allergies or restrictions.
- If you are using a 12-cup muffin tray, add a little bit of water to the empty cups to avoid burning.
- Replace any vegetables or cheese, just be sure to grate cheese and dice vegetables so they cook through.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Breakfast