The best-baked cauliflower fritters mixed with cheddar cheese, eggs, cooked chicken breast for extra protein, flour, and of course the star of the show cauliflower. Perfect finger food or side dish for your kids and family to enjoy.
- 1 medium head cauliflower (5 cups)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs flour (whole wheat)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (rotisserie, BBQ, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and steam washed and cut cauliflower florets until fork tender, about 5 minutes. Once steamed, blanch the florets with running cold water to stop cooking. Place on the side to allow excess water to be removed.
- In your food processor, add steamed cauliflower florets, grated cheese, eggs, flour, and cooked chicken, and pulse for a few seconds. Aim for a thick but well-chopped consistency. If you find the better too watery, add a spoon of flour.
- Form fritters and place on a lined baking sheet, keeping to 1-inch in thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Transfer cooked fritters onto a plate lined with a paper towel for any excess oil to be removed and for fritters to crisp up even more.
- Serve with sour cream, Greek yogurt, and tzatziki or as is.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner, Snack
Keywords: Cauliflower fritter, Baby led weaning, baked fritters, simple cauliflower fritters, picky eater approved, simple fritter