A gluten-free, refined sugar-free baked donut made with almond flour maple syrup topped with a velvety cream cheese maple frosting. A sweet but healthy treat for all.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 carrot grated, about half a cup
- 3 tbs of plain cream cheese
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs milk of choice
- Wash, peel, and grate carrots finely. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease your donut pan
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add grated carrots, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
- Spray the donut tray with oil and add batter to the forms. I use a Ziploc bag to “pipe” my batter into the donut forms. Do this by scooping your batter to one corner of the bag, and use scissors to cut and pour your batter a little more than halfway up the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- While baking, make the icing by combining cream cheese, milk, and maple syrup. whisk until well combined.
- Remove donuts from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Once cooled, drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
- Leave these on the counter in an airtight container or place them in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- You can freeze these donuts with or without the cream cheese frosting for up to 3 months. You can thaw or defrost in the toaster oven (reheat mode).
- If you don’t have a donut pan, you can bake these donuts in your muffin pan at 350°F for 18-20 minutes and add the cream cheese frosting.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free, donut, healthy, cream cheese frosting, no refined sugar.