A gluten free, refined sugar free baked donut made with almond flour maple syrup topped with a velvety cream cheese maple frosting. A sweet but healthy treat for all.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 carrot grated, about half a cup
- 3 tbs of plain cream cheese
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs milk of choice
- Wash, cut, peel and grate carrots finely. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your donut pan
- In a bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, add grated carrots, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Spray donut tray with oil and add batter to forms. I use a Ziplock bag to “pipe” my batter into the donut forms. Do this by scooping your batter to one corner of the bag, use scissors to cut and pour your batter a little more than halfway up the pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- While baking, make the icing by combining cream cheese, milk and maple syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Let cool and drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
- Leave these on the counter in an airtight container or place them in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- You can freeze these donuts with or without the cream cheese frosting for up to 3 months. You can thaw or defrost in the toaster oven (reheat mode).
- If you don’t have a donut pan, you can bake these donuts in your muffin pan at 350°F for 18-20 minutes and add the cream cheese frosting.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free, donut, healthy, cream cheese frosting, no refined sugar.