If you’re looking for a tasty and easy meal for the whole family, look no further than turkey burgers. These burgers are not only delicious, but they’re also a great option for families with picky eaters. With the right recipe, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal that everyone will love. Whether making dinner in a hurry or prepping meals for the week, turkey burgers are a great option to add to your rotation. So why not try this recipe and see how delicious it can be?
Why you’ll love making this turkey burger:
- A good change from traditional beef burgers
- Easy to make and provides a great flavor profile, especially when you add vegetables and garlic.
- Perfect for those short on time
- Great source of protein
- Hassle-free meal for picky eaters
And if you have picky eaters, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to customize your turkey burger to make it just how your family likes it. The possibilities are endless, from adding your favorite toppings to swapping out the bun for some quinoa pasta. So why not give turkey burgers a try? You might find your new favorite meal.
What you will need to make these turkey burgers:
Ground turkey– I used ground white turkey meat, but you can use dark ground turkey.
Vegetables – chopped onion, grated zucchini, and grated garlic make these burgers moist and flavorful.
Eggs and breadcrumb– Help bind the turkey burger and hold the patties together.
Oil – I add olive oil to this recipe for added moisture. When using white meat, it needs some fats to help make it juicy.
Seasoning – To have a tasty meal, you need to season – I used salt, black pepper, and paprika.
5 Tips for grilling perfect turkey burgers:
- If you have time, place these fresh burgers in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes before cooking. This helps hold their shape.
- Oil your grill with a brush to help the meat not stick to the grill.
- Cook the burgers for 5 minutes per side and only flip once.
- You are looking for chard grill marks on these turkey burgers.
- If you have a meat thermometer, insert it into the center of the burger; once it reaches 160°F, remove it from the grill and allow it to sit to finish cooking. The safe temperature to eat turkey is 165°F.
Meal prepping turkey burgers:
If you are looking to prepare turkey burgers in advance for an upcoming barbecue or a busy week, follow these tips for optimal results:
- Always use fresh meat. Refreezing is not recommended for safety reasons, so avoid using frozen ground turkey from your freezer.
- After shaping the patties, flash-freeze them on a tray before storing them in freezer-safe bags.
- For the best quality, consume the burgers within three months. To stay organized, label the bags with the date and contents. For more information on freezing food, check out my comprehensive guide here.
- Consider doubling or tripling the recipe to ensure an ample supply of burgers.
Serve these burgers as your family wishes, and we mix them up, but our favorite pairing has to be these crispy baked sweet potato fries and a side of fresh veggies.
Did you try this delicious turkey burger recipe? How did it go? Leave a star rating and comment on how you liked it.