Crunchy roasted chickpeas are the tastiest and crunchiest snack out there. The flavor opportunities are endless when it comes to these perfectly crunchy pearls of goodness.
- 2 cans (398ml/can) of chickpeas or 2.5 cups of pre-cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 salt
- Preheat oven to 450°C. Dry canned or pre-cooked chickpeas using a clean dish towel or paper towels (they need to be fully dry in order to get the crunch).
- Coat chickpeas in olive oil and place on lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes checking in on them 2-3 times and shuffling tray to get all sides toasted.
- Mix your flavoring in a separate bowl. For the sweet: add maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon and stir until well combined. For savory: add olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Remove chickpeas from oven and place in a bowl – coat your chickpeas in the flavor profile you choose.
- Return to oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes so that flavor is really soaked and baked through.
- Remove from oven, let cool. It’s ready to enjoy.
- You can use an air fryer for a quicker cooking result – turn air fryer to 390°C for 15 minutes checking in at the 10-minute mark and to shuffle it. Be sure not to over crowed fryer.
- You can store cooked chickpeas in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Snack