Looking for a delicious and healthy snack or side dish that even the pickiest eaters in your family will love? Look no further than this recipe for perfectly crispy sweet potato fries! With just a few simple steps, you can easily whip up a batch that will have everyone reaching for seconds.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Either peel the skin or keep the skin on and cut the sweet potato into 1/4-inch fries.
- Place the sweet potato fries in a bowl or container of cold water for at least 15 minutes to remove the starch. Drain the water and pat the sweet potatoes dry as best you can.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Place the sweet potato fries in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add the cornstarch mixture and toss the sweet potatoes until they are coated evenly.
- Place the sweet potato fries evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd or overlap the fries. Use two baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the sweet potato fries are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the sweet potato fries to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- If you are short on time, you can skip the soaking and just rinse cut fries in cold water. It will slightly change the texture of the result; however, you will still achieve a delicious sweet potato fry.
- Switch up the seasoning for your family’s preference, use Cajun seasoning or just keep to basics of salt and olive oil.
- Please keep in mind that the temperature and time may vary depending on your oven and the thickness of the sweet potato fries. Adjust accordingly to achieve the desired level of crispiness.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato fries, fries, sweet potato, crispy baked fries