Introducing a delicious cracker recipe suitable for babies 6 months and over. These crackers are perfect as a teething biscuit, an after-school snack, or a lunchbox favorite. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and packed with protein and fiber. Making them is easy and requires just a few simple ingredients. Perfect for busy parents looking for a healthy snack option for their kids. Give it a try and discover a new family favorite snack.
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained (390ml)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 360°C (180°F).
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas for 5-10 seconds.
- Add the oats, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt to the food processor and process until dough-like ball forms, about 20-30 seconds.
- Place the dough on a lined baking sheet and press it down with your hands. Place a second sheet of parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a thickness of 5mm.
- Use cookie cutters or a pizza cutter to cut the dough into cracker shapes. Use a fork to prick holes in the center of each cracker.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the crackers cool on the baking sheet. Break into individual crackers and enjoy.
- Save any scraps and use them as croutons.
- Store in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to a week.
- The dough can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Snack, lunch
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy cracker, chickpea cracker, oat cracker, healthy cracker, homemade cracker, simple cracker