These healthy no-bake decadent chocolate bites are a great way to treat your kids to a homemade sweet treat without the added butter and sugars. Naturally sweetened with dates and full of nutty flavor from the walnuts and almonds. Plus, they are vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free and a great source of nutrients.
- 2 c of pitted dates
- 1 c of nuts (1/2 almonds, 1/2 walnuts)
- 1/4 c almond butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of milk (optional: Oat, Almond, 2% cow’s milk)
Optional Chocolate Coating:
- 3/4 c chocolate of choice (dark chocolate, white chocolate, milk chocolate)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add date and nuts to a food processor and process until it is well broken up.
- Next, add vanilla, salt, cocoa powder, almond butter, and milk to the already-processed nuts and date mixture.
- Process until all ingredients are well combined and a crumbly yet sticky texture is formed.
- Transfer the mixture in between two pieces of parchment paper and push down to mold the mixture to an even thickness. Use a rolling pin to help roll into an even thickness and place in the fridge to set (about 30 minutes).
- Once your dough is set, use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes or roll them into balls. If you are rolling into balls, it may be easier to wet your hands slightly for better handling.
- Make the chocolate glaze by melting chocolate and a teaspoon of coconut oil. You can use a microwave to melt off the stovetop.
- Dip each bite into the chocolate and sprinkle with festive sprinkles, sea salt, and coconut flakes or leave it as is.
- Place back int he fridge to allow the coating to set (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from fridge and enjoy.
- If your dates are on the drier side, soak them in water for 10 minutes before adding them to the food processor. This will bring back the moisture in the fruit. Do not add the water it was sitting in, just the dates.
- You can use festive sprinkles, coconut flakes, or sea salt, or keep them plain.
- You do not need to add the chocolate coating to enjoy these bites, although they do add a nice sweetness, feel free to enjoy them once they have been shaped and set.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Snack
Keywords: chocolate, chocolate bites, valentines day