These delicious baked fish sticks are an excellent source of protein, are kid-friendly, and can be baked frozen (no thawing necessary). Flakey on the inside and crispy on the outside, can be served as a simple weeknight dinner or a kid-friendly party platter.
- 1–2 lbs of skinless, deboned fresh fish fillet of choice cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 c whole wheat flour (add more if needed)
- 1 c panko breadcrumbs (add more if needed)
- 3 eggs (add more if needed)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- Prepare 3 shallow bowls and a lined baking tray with parchment paper. In bowl one, add flour and season with salt. In bowl two, add mustard and 3 eggs and whisk until combined. In bowl three, add panko and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cut fish fillets into stick-like shapes, about 1-inch thick.
- Dip your fish sticks into the flour, then egg wash, then panko, and place on parchment paper. Do this until all your fish sticks are coated.
- You can either freeze or bake your fish sticks at this point.
- If you are freezing place the tray into the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours for easy handling. Package into freezer-safe bags and label.
- Oven Baked: Preheat oven to 425°C and place frozen or fresh fish sticks onto the cooking tray. Spray or drizzle the oil of choice and bake for 16-18 minutes, flipping halfway through. You are looking for a golden crispy stick.
- Air Fry: Place fish sticks into the air fryer and turn the air fryer on to 400°C, spray fish sticks with cooking oil and cook for 8 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until golden.
- For a crispy fish stick avoid overcrowding your baking sheet or air fryer.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
- You can reheat the fish sticks in either oven or air fryer to get the crunch back.
- Prep Time: 30 monites
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Dinner