Try this creamy, healthy baba ghanoush dip with roasted eggplant, lemon juice, mayo, garlic and seasoning. There is only 5 ingredients and 30 minutes standing between you and this tasty dip.
- 2 medium sized eggplant
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and cut eggplants into half, lengthwise and score. Place on non-stick tray, cover in olive oil and salt, face down, bake for 25 minutes on 400°F.
- Once cooled, scrape roasted eggplant into a bowl and mash well with a fork or potato masher.
- Peel and crush one glove of garlic.
- Add mayonnaise and seasoning and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge.
- You can blend this recipe in a food processor for a smoother consistency.
- Keeps fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days in a air-tight container.
- Can be vegan by swapping mayonnaise to a vegan version.
- If you have pre-roasted eggplant in the freezer, thaw and mix remaining ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snack